
Jack was going to Super Mario for Halloween and had worn it almost every day from the time we got it until his friend's birthday party on October 9th. Yesterday, I went to get his costume ready and couldn't find it anywhere! I found the hat, but could not find the outfit. So, we had to make a last-minute trip to the store to get something else. This is what Jack chose:

I bought Oscar's costume for Jack when he was smaller, but it never did fit him because he outgrew it before Halloween. So, Oscar wore it this year. It's hard to tell because the ears are back, but he was Dumbo.

The first house we all went to was an older couple's who don't have children at home. They had brown lunch bags filled with freshly popped popcorn. It was a nice contrast to all of the sugar they were about to consume.
Then, we stopped at another neighbor's house where they had pumpkin bowling and some homemade treats, along with candy.


After that house, we went to another neighbor's house for another game. I can't remember what it's called, but you can see it in the photos.


They had a life-sized witch there, who was stirring a bubbling pot. At first glance, I thought she was real and was wondering who dressed up as the witch. Oscar saw her and just kept staring and staring at her. It was hard to get a decent picture with so much chaos and so many kids running all over, but you can see him behind Jack here:

The next house we went to served dinner with eyeball soup (meatball soup), witches fingers (breadsticks), poison apples, a green punch of some kind, bottled water and cookies. Of course, Jack and Oscar only had punch and cookies!

Then, the hayride stopped at our house, where I had made treat bags for all of the kids. They were filled with healthy treats along with some candy and toys. In all of the chaos of handing everything out, I set my camera down and didn't get any more pictures of the evening. :(
I will tell you, though, that the next house had smores and hot chocolate around a fire (more sugar!) and the kids ran around for a little while. Some kids ran next door to play some more pumpkin bowling.
After that, the hayride drove to the last house where the kids played a fun pumpkin game. The kids were to throw velcro balls at a fabric pumpkin and try to get the ball to land on the eyes or nose. There were two age groups and Jack one 2nd prize in his age group. He won a dollar and thought it was the best prize ever!
After the game was over, all of the kids ran around like maniacs in the yard for awhile and ate more candy. We walked home and the kids crashed.
Riley, Reeve, and Braedy were tagging along watching the festivities, but Reeve ended up going to a party with a friend. Braedy hung out with the older neighborhood kids and Riley was going to go to a Halloween party, but ended up staying home because some of friends weren't able to go. We had a lot of fun, though!
I completely forgot to light out pumpkins and our luminaries!! It didn't matter, though, it was still fun. Here are pics the morning after:


Here are the pumpkins. I carved one, Braedy carved the other and Riley and Reeve never got around to carving theirs. Hazel (our Bullmastiff) at the lid off of Braedy's, so it isn't in the picture.

Happy Halloween!!
1 comment:
What a fun-filled day!
Post a Comment