Monday, March 20, 2006

Paul turns 44

YEA!! It's Paul's birthday today!!! WOOHOO!!! Happy Birthday to YOU! Happy Birthday to YOU! Happy Birthday dear PAAAAAAUUUUL! Happy Birthday to YOU!! :)

Today was very busy with the festivities. It was a school day, but we decided to spread today's work out over the next 4 days so that we could bake a cake and do a little shopping, so the boys could pick something out for Paul.

I am so excited that I have all of my breakfasts, lunches and dinners planned for the next week! I've never been that on top of things! Today for breakfast, we had banana bread. I made a regular banana bread and one topped with chocolate chips.




For lunch is turkey sandwiches on homemade bread and tangerines. For dinner, we had brown rice pasta with broccoli (some of us chose marinara sauce to top it with and others chose Earth Balance soy margarine), homemade garlic bread and salad with vanilla chip cake for dessert. Oh, so good! Here are some pictures of our little party:










Ok, so we only had a number 4...leftover from last year's 43rd birthday. lol. It's ok, though, Paul didn't mind a bit. The cake is a vegan "white" (it's darker because I used sucanat, which is a more natural form of sugar, in place of refined sugar) cake recipe sprinkled with grain-sweetened chocolate chips. They're made by Tropical Source and you can't even tell that they're not the real thing! Re wants the same cake for his birthday. I usually make 2 layers, but I didn't want any leftovers hanging around. We still have some leftovers that the boys will eat tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Paul! It looks as though you all had a wonderful party and great food! I can't imagine taking the time and making all of that from scratch. The cake looked delicious......many happy returns from Minnesota.

Jodi said...

It really isn't as difficult to cook from scratch as everyone is making it out to be. It may seem like it, but once you do it, it's easy. I'm really not a Superwoman! REALLY! Heck, I have a mountain of laundry that needs to be done if J will let me put him down today. He's had a cold for a long time and has been very clingy. So, I'm far from perfect!